Monday, September 14, 2009

PV #4

Well, today, I got to see hatching baby sea turtles on the beach. After having our usual breakfast, and then deciding to lounge on the beach, there was all sorts of commotion occuring closer to the shoreling. Apparently there were about 18 hatchling sea turtles digging their way out of the sand and started to crawl out to the sea. It was absolutely FASCINATING! They were only about 3-4 inches in length, and charcoal greyish black, fins flopping everywhere. It was neat to see the kids take them out to the water, and I got to hold one in my hand before letting it go. It was a very incredible experience.

There wasn't much else that we did today, except once again to lounge, relax, drink, eat, sunbathe, and think about what we could do tomorrow. I will say that we had dinner at the Mexican restaurant in the evening, and the dinner was VERY good. We further enjoyed the Mexican harpist playing live music while we ate. He was very talented, and it was enjoyed.

After having a long dinner and recouping from having a full day in the sun, we all decided we needed to call it an early night, and retired to our rooms. I managed to be able to watch some of the Packer football game before falling asleep right before the end.

Again, what a relaxing vacation this has been, only to be made better by the incredible travel companions of my long time friend Monette, and my new found friends, Janet and Cat. We've certainly had a lot of laughs, and we have really had a great time getting to know each other.

Looks like tomorrow will be a "spa" day. I don't know quite what to think about that, because the thought of someone giving me a massage makes me taste vomit. But, I said I'd join them, being the good "joiner in-er" that I am, and I think I will settle for a pedicure. After all, I do know I love those, and my feet really could use a de-callousing.

No comments: