Monday, September 14, 2009

PV #5

Well, today was a day that the ladies decided was a spa day. I didn't really mind either way, because I am not one to really have to be entertained. I figured getting a pedicure would be a good thing. After all, with the callouses on my feet, I thought a little therapy in that area would be a good thing.

While we were getting everything set up for the day, appointments made, etc., we decided to go and check out the alternate tours that would be available. We checked out zip lining and going on a sailboat. We were all eager to try both of those options. Unfortunately, my fat ass didn't meet the weight requirement necessary to do the zip line. It was a bit humiliating to say the least, but then again, I probably would have crapped myself getting up to the necessary platforms, and I figured it probably would have been hotter than hell, sticky, sweaty, and somewhat unpleasant anyhow. I didn't mind just sleeping in, and getting my morning drunk on while the others planned to go. Besides, I have a hard time getting up on a step ladder, let alone be prodded and pushed, and strapped in so that my junk was pushed up to my uvula. I figured I wasn't missing anything. Cat, bless her heart, decided she really didn't need to go (as she had already done it before), and said she didn't want to go either.

After consoling myself in my pity, we did manage to book a sailboat trip that promises to look very good. The weather here has been hot and humid, usually in the lower 90's, and despite the night time rains, there really hasn't been an issue with any other precipitation during the trip.

So I went to my pedicure appointment. Francis was the wonderful young women assigned to do the pedicure. She was a delight, got things all ready, and started working the foot rasp to work the callouses off my feet. She did a great job until she got to my left foot. With what seemed to be much exertion, the was really going to town, exfoliating my feet, and voiding them from the unpleasant callouses. She used so much exertion that the rasp slipped out of her hands, hit my calf, and went smack dab into the middle of the foot bath. Peering over the Conde Nast travel magazine that I was reading in Spanish, I looked down at her, and when she saw me, she started laughing, and started laughing really hard for about 5 minutes. I have to admit, after a few self depricating comments (that I am sure she didn't understand), I was laughing myself. She then said, "I have NO idea how THAT happened," and continued to laugh.

Just about done with the pedicure, Francis went to dry my feet, when she knocked the leather foot rest into the tub as well. She then exclaimed, "I need to go home, this isn't my day." I will say, however, she did an amazing job, despite the mishaps. Furthermore, it turned an otherwise uneventful trip to the spa into one that was very memorable, all thanks to Francis.

Other than that, not much new to report, other than I'm not tiring of the drinks, sunshine, ocean, and pool, not to mention the incredible tan I'm getting.

No comments: