Thursday, September 17, 2009

PV #7

Today I just hung out. Monette and Janet went zip lining. I'm thinking more and more that I'm glad I was too fat for the activity, because after seeing them come back all somewhat grimy and jungled, I was quite glad I was able to teach one of the bartenders at the lobby bar to make a proper mint julep. And I had several samples of the work.

Anyhow, we spent all afternoon at the pool soaking in the sun. Prior to that, I received a really weird phone call from a guy representing himself to be from Orbitz, wanting to confirm my flight information and ensure that I had adequate transportation to the airport. He had asked me to meet him on the first floor conference center to go over my itinerary, and assured me it wasn't a time share.

I never went, since to me, it sounded like something fishy, and now I am a bit paranoid, and pissed off that somehow this person knows that I booked through Orbitz.
But, I had another drink, nd quickly forgot about this random phone call.

After the pool we went back to our rooms to get ready to head back into Puerto Vallarta to eat at a highly recommended restaurant called, "Barcelona." It was a tapas restaurant. The restaurant is located in the hills of Puerto Vallarta, and is on the third and fourth floors of the building. Getting up to the restaurant, it was a spectacular view of Banderas Bay, the skyline, and boats in the harbor.

Let me tell you this: it also was one of the BEST restaurants I have ever been to. Our menu was shrimp bisque soup, bleu cheese salad, curried checking salad with fruit, Potato tortilla, bas scallops with chorizo, baked goat cheese in a tomato sauce served on crostini, bacon wrapped dates, spicy sauteed shrimp, roasted beets with cheese, and baked eggpland. We all shared each other's dishes. I can honestly say that in all 10 plates we sampled, not a single one of them was weak. It was heaven! The waiter was kind enough to give us some basil ice cream (which was delicious) and some wonderful after dinner drinks to top off the meal. It was fantastic!

We managed to ferret out a taxi, not knowing that the taxi driver had no idea where the hotel we were staying at was. After a couple wrong turns, a couple of sets of directions, and a whole lot of back seat driving from my friend Monette, we managed to see a lot more of Nuevo Vallarta than we had planned. Ah well, we made it back in one piece, so I guess that is the most important thing!

No comments: